Tuesday 10 September 2019

soldering - Rough edges for a solder joint


I was wondering what effects do rough solder joints have on electrical components. Specifically, I have a hard time soldering wires to a male-male connector, as can be seen in the added photo.


Assuming little physical stress will be applied to the joints, do jagged soldering have any effects on say the electrical functionality of the components? Or are there any other implications? Thanks



enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...