Sunday 1 July 2018

switches - how to switch off multiple power source (+5/+12/3.3) in the same pcb


I'm designing a PCB that receives 3 power inputs 3.3v, 5v and 12v.
I need simple way to switch all of them of in one go.


Here is a schematic of my PCB PCB schematic


I looked into using a relay but all the types I found are either to big or don't have the correct specification i'm pretty sure i'm missing something about the correct usage .
I looked for a regular switch but I cant seem to find one that fits my needs.



My 12V line is for running a led strip and may go up to 10A.
The 5V line is just for the level shifter.
The 3.3V is for running a NodeMCU ESP-12E board.


I'm using this to drive everything EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1+.
I can switch the outside power source but it should run a couple of this boards and I want to be able to Independently shut them off.
I need to run a lot of those and I'm already running 7A on the 12v line so I can't just keep drawing power form only the 12v line there is the matter of the cable and how much amp it can run.
I can use what ever components I want I just need to keep it small.
On the matter of transposing the connectors the board is going to sit in a casing that is labeled and right know it's for a private project so there is no problem.



Answer



You can use 3 PMOS switch all controlled from a single signal (switch or whatever).



enter image description here


link


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...