Friday 8 September 2017

pcb - Can capacitors be replaced with higher capacitance ones?



I have a bad capacitor on this LCD power board. I have rev 2.6, and I noticed there is a rev 2.8 board that looks like it didn't get skimped on in parts. Can I install capacitors in my rev 2.6 board as they are used in the 2.8?


My board:



x20wg-1080p rev 2.6
9 x 470μF, 1 x 100μF, 1 x 22μF, 1 x 10μF



Here's the rev 2.8:




x20wg-1080p rev 2.8
6 x 1000μF, 4 x 470μF, 1 x 100μF, 1 x 22μF 1 x 10μF



The differences are circled in blue. My board seems to use lower rated capacitors, is missing one, and the microchip looks slightly different. The pictures are of the entire boards.



Answer



The IC that you are pointing out is a 3W (or maybe a 2x 2W) stereo audio power amp.


The one in rev 2.6 is a SM7496L, which I am having a hard time finding any info about, but it is essentially the same thing as rev 2.8 just a different manufacture, so it is probably safe to assume that circuit should be the same around them. This means it should be safe to put a larger capacitance value on it.


For the group of 3 with one missing, it looks like these are next to something that is probably a voltage regulator with a big heat-sink on it. If this is the case, go read the answers for this question Capacitor Sizes for 7805 Regulator


For the other 2 capacitors, these look like they could either be used with the 2 diodes or could also be for the voltage regulator.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...