Wednesday 6 September 2017

capacitor - Choosing components for a triac's snubber


I'm interfacing the BT139-600 TRIAC with this MOC3051-M Opto-triac. I want to build a snubber circuit for the TRIAC as shown in the MOC3051M opto-triac's datasheet @ page 8, figure 12.


snubber circuit


The load will be a 230V AC, 4A motor. What are the recommended characteristics of the Rs, Cs and MOV in that schematic (the type of the resistor and capacitor, power specifications, voltage limits)? Would this components be a good pick for the snubber?


Cs: Ceramic Capacitor 10nF


Rs: 33 Ohm 5W wirewound resistor


MOV: JVR14N431K 275V AC MOV Varistor


Do I also need a snubber for the triac driver?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...