Friday 22 September 2017

transistors - Why are the current directions in the hybrid-$pi$ model for BJT the same for both NPN and PNP?


Here is the hybrid-\$\pi\$ model:


enter image description here


with \$I_c\$ and \$I_b\$ going in, and \$I_e\$ going out. The same circuit can be used for both NPN and PNP, the only thing changing being \$V_{be}\$ for NPN and \$V_{eb}\$ for PNP.


The currents direction does not change, which is what I don't understand. We know that for a PNP in active mode, \$i_c = i_e+i_b\$.


For a NPN in active mode, \$i_e = i_b+i_c\$, which corresponds to the current flow shown on the hybrid-\$\pi\$ model.


Why is it the same for PNP?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...