Friday 13 January 2017

power supply - Designing 12v DC UPS


My requirements are: I need a UPS system which supplies power to a 9 volt modem. UPS should Charge 12v battery (SLA , charging curent 800ma), and it should have overcharge/discharge protection system [optional: it should show the battery capacity with four leds(25% interval)]. I want to achieve this without using ADC. I can make 230V AC to 12v DC converter with step down transformer. Switching from mains to battery can also be achieved with two diodes. But i want to make overcharge/discharge with led indicator which i cant figure out without ADC. Is there any way to achieve this without microcontroller and ADC. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.


I am thinking about something like this. I have designed this circuit on my own. But i have no idea how to link these two switches to charge level indicator.


enter image description here





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...