Sunday 22 January 2017

sdcard - What mode of SPI is the standard if nothing regarding the mode is mentioned in the slave datasheet?


I am trying to bit bang SPI for a SD Card, I went through this SD Card datasheet and I couldn't find any information regarding the mode that needs to be used. If I missed, please point it out.


Else what mode would be standard if nothing is mentioned? What CPOL and phase should I use?



Answer



From the datasheet you link to enter image description here


The timing diagram at 3.4.5 shows that the clock idles low (CPOL=0), and that out changes on the clock trailing edge and in gets read on the rising edge (CPHA=0), which is SPI mode 0.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...