Monday 9 January 2017

plug - Which connector would I use for a non standard low voltage wall connection? How can I label it?


(Please see this question for background info)


In my pantry, I'm going to be connecting a door jamb switch across a low voltage application. I'd like to (instead of fishing the bare wire through a hole the wall) use a wall-plate with two connectors. I see that banana plugs can support 30v at 15a (way more than I would need), and come in a keystone jack. I am wondering though if using connectors typically for audio would present a hazard and if there is a better option that would be available in a keystone jack or standard wallplate.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...