Monday 2 January 2017

pcb fabrication - Use spray paint to make mask for pre-sensitised board?


I'm about to etch my first simple board for a project. I have a pre-sensitised board that (as I understand the process) you expose to UV light, then develop the board in a sodium hydroxide solution, then etch. The UV light will negatively affect the protective lacquer and developing it after exposing washes away the lacquer, making the board ready to etch.


I got the lye and I got sodium persulfate for the etching but I did not have any transparent paper as I thought I did! And it's impossible for me to get a hold of it in time (= this weekend, I live far from the city and it's a small one and I haven't found any place that stocks it so I have to order online and that's sometime next week I'd get it at the fastest).


So I am looking for an alternative solution. What I am considering is printing the design to regular paper, cut out a mask carefully from this paper and place it over the board and paint a mask on. Spray paint most likely, then in theory I would have a UV mask.


Anyone see any flaws in this plan?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...