Saturday 14 January 2017

batteries - I want to charge my phone with AAs. How do I get that 5V output with max amperage (Would love to draw that 2.1A)



I was just wondering around, looking for how to charge my phone on the go. Because Wednesday morning I'll go camping. I just don't want to buy a cheap chinese power bank to charge my phone once.


And then I found out that I can charge it with batteries, AAs probably being the best because they don't take up so much space and hold around 1500mAh and can output around 2A max. I am just asking, how should I do it?



  • Should I wire two batteries (3V) in series and then make a step-up circuit (and how exactly would I make one with minimum power loss)?

  • Or should I connect four (6V) and put some kind of regulator/resistors to it?

  • Or could I just go with three batteries (4,5V) when my phone requires 5V (does it really require 5V, and could I still charge it relatively fast and at least efficient)?


As I already mentioned, I would like an output of 5V and over 750mA, and I'd like something closer to 2.1A. So what would be the most efficient and fast charge method (Efficieny first, I want the max juice out my AAs) that I could get my hands on before going, get all the parts (no ordering online) and building it all tomorrow?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...