Friday 13 January 2017

How do I drive a MOSFET when I have an 11.1v power-supply and an arduino



I am trying to use a irlb3034 as a switch to power an airsoft motor and control it with an arduino. I am using a diode between the source and the drain and a 2.2k resistor between the gate and the source. Do you have any idea how I can control the mosfet with the arduino? Many thanks, Thomas



Answer





  • Really simple -- get an ESC that's compatible with the motor. I don't know if an "airsoft motor" is a DC brushed motor or a DC brushless -- count the leads. If it's got two, then you need an ESC for a brushed motor; if it's got three, then you need an ESC for a brushless motor. All you need then is a servo output from the Arduino, and that's built into their code base.

  • Complicated-er (for your) and less capable: switch the MOSFET gate voltage with a transistor. Note that, as drawn, the signal from the Arduino means "off", so the motor will go on with battery power until the Arduino comes up. You'll need another 2N3904 stage for the thing to be off when there's no Arduino.


schematic


simulate this circuit – Schematic created using CircuitLab


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...