Monday 2 May 2016

Older Weller soldering iron won't heat?


I inherited a Weller WTCPL soldering station a while ago:


enter image description here


It was my grandpa's, and although I can't find a direct reference to it anywhere on the net, I'm guessing it's anywhere from 40 to 60 years old. It worked for some time, but sadly, it recently has stopped. When I was soldering the other day, I noticed the wand getting progressively colder, until it eventually wouldn't even melt solder. Now, it turns on (or at least the indicator light does), but the iron does not heat up. Is this fixable or do I need a new iron?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...