Wednesday 26 August 2015

Why do electronic circuits need their power supply to be DC, or rectified AC?


I'm pretty sure the answer to this should be obvious - even to me ...


It's been a while I've been reading and attempting to construct simple electronic circuits. The supply almost always is either through a battery/cell, or AC duly rectified to DC.


I have the impression electronic circuits rarely ever work off an AC supply.



  • Is this impression correct?


  • If yes, why is an electronic circuit rarely (if ever) powered/biased using straight AC?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...