Tuesday 25 August 2015

Max startup current for Vacuum cleaner motor


We used the vacuum cleaner motor 2200W 220v in one dental device (vacuum former) as you can see here:



enter image description here


enter image description here


enter image description here


So now one of our costumers said when they used this device the power cable is warmed and when the vacuum motor started the dental clinic circuit breaker (25A C type fuses) trip (could be seen here:) enter image description here


and disconnect the power of the whole system, so I guess it using 10A for steady-state but I don't know how much current this motor get for startup and could this situation be the result of this trips.


Based this site:



Vpeak = IinR, where Vpeak = √2(V)


and


E = CV2/2




So we have 220v : √2*220/15=20.74 A


I found this vacuum cleaner’s current waveform from here: enter image description here, which is similar, so is this the inrush current of this motor?


I need the causes, and if possible I want to know what is the proper way to solve this problem? Is it good to use soft starter?


Update:



These Vacuum cleaner motor we used in our devices are Brushes.





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...