Monday 17 August 2015

voltage - 12v (ish) measured by a 0-3.3v input pin



firstly apologies I'm a newbie at practical electronics!


I have a sensitive little thing which can measure 0-3.3v DC in steps of 0-1023. I'd like to use it to measure the voltage on a "12v" vehicle battery - which as I'm sure you know can go significantly higher when being charged through an alternator so really I need to figure out the following:


What circuit can I design to take a DC input of between... 10v and 15v... DC and bring it down to <3.3v in such a way that I can still measure the difference?


I have seen some similarish posts but all have been (a) relatively specific and (b) not explained in laymans terms that I could understand.


thanks




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI&#39;s cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...