Saturday 29 August 2015

Can I supply a 12V buzzer with 18V?


I'm trying to make a little buzzer for my bike to sound occasionally to warn off bears. I have a 12V buzzer from Radio Shack (Cat. No. 273-065) and was wondering if I could run it off of 18V directly (2x9V Transistor Batteries series) for 1-2 second bursts, or if I should run through a lm317 which I worry might use more energy than the protection it provides. Are piezo elements relatively rugged when used like this?


Note: I can directly run the buzzer off 9V, with OK results, but I imagine 12V (or 18V) should be much louder.


Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...