Thursday 20 August 2015

ldo - Reverse Current building up Voltage


Just wanted to clarify my understanding before I design my circuit.


This is based on my previous question



I have an 3.3V LDO Regulator.


Vin = Regulated 5V


Vout = 3.3V


Load Current = 100mA.


At the output of the LDO, I have a PI Filter Capacitor.


I am having a reverse current of 16uA flowing into the LDO.


Can someone help me to understand how does a reverse current builds up my output voltage from 3.3V to 4.2V.


I am planning to add a Zener rated 3.6V after my Pi filter. I just want to understand how does a small reverse current of 16uA builds up my output voltage from 3.3V to 4.2V?


Does this reverse current hit the inductor of the pi filter and get accumulated near the output side of the inductor to finally bring the output voltage from 3.3V to 4.2V? Or what's happening?


Thanks





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...