Friday 4 July 2014

transistors - How is an NPN relay switch circuit analysed?


So I came across this good article: https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/blog/relay-switch-circuit.html
It gave me a good insight into the different transistor-relay switching circuits. But unfortunately, it hasn't provided any detail regarding the analysis of such circuits, more specifically the NPN relay switching circuit.

enter image description here
Above is an image from the article, of an NPN relay switch circuit.


The only way I can think of working through the circuit is by modeling it as shown below and then analysing it:


enter image description here



I haven't analysed such a circuit before and would love to know what the general approach is.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...