Friday 18 July 2014

coupling - Superimpose a High Frequency AC Small Signal on a DC Power Signal


I am facing a challenging problem with a circuit that I am currently working on, I would like others input and thoughts.


I have a DC power signal that I am injecting a AC small signal this mixed signal is transferred over two conductors to a receiver circuit which then uses the DC power signal to power a load and also extracts the AC small signal for use.


Description of signals:


DC Signal: 30V generated by a boost converter that has noticeable amounts of noise under the working load of 500mA to 1A


AC Signal: ~2vpp @ 1MHz to 30MHz


schematic



simulate this circuit – Schematic created using CircuitLab


This is not an overly complex challenge given ideal components, however the real challenge I am seeing is the inductors sized to carry the currents required have a self resonant frequency typically <2MHz. From my understanding this means that they would not act as good filter component for the higher frequency AC small signal causing excess loading of the AC signal and a diminished signal at the receiver.


Very much looking forward to other's thoughts and opinions on the problem.


Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI&#39;s cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...