Monday 21 July 2014

capacitance - µ in the Middle of a Capacitor Rating


I'm looking at an electrolytic capacitor (and old blue, Philips one used in electronics classes) and am wondering why it is printed with 4µ7-M.


I tried Googling, figuring that it was a common enough occurrence, but found nothing.


Is that supposed to be a 47µF cap? Why is the µ in the middle of the number? What is the -M for?


Thanks.



Answer




The "µ" symbol is put in place of the decimal point, 4µ7 translates to 4.7 µ farads.


Not too sure about the "-M" part tho - sorry


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...