Saturday 12 July 2014

power - BeagleBone Black reboots periodically



My BeagleBone Black reboots periodically after some random time (> 5hours)? I am totally stucked with ideas, I have my app working for that some random time and system gets reset. BBB works on Debian Linux. Is there any solution for this, whether someone was in the same situation?



Answer



I have seen similar issues with the beaglebone black. Below was my hardware and Software configuration.



  • Hardware: Beaglebone Black A5C, 4D System LCD Display, USB cable, old 5V 0.8A cell phone charger re-purposed.

  • Software: Angstrom with Embedded QT or Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean). Ubuntu base host system


I found that the System was resetting when the system was powered using 5V USB power. The current capacity with 5V USB I believe is 500mA. The problem was common when running an Android Application. Also similar issues were occasionally observed when running Embedded QT base applications.


Solution: Use a 5V external power supply with current capacity of 1A or 2A. In my case for small application the 5V 0.8A supply worked find. If I load the system I had to use the 5V USB power. I recommend using the 1A or 2A power supply.


External Power Supply



External Power Supply


Click on image for a larger version of the image.


Hope this solves your problem.




References:



No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...