Thursday 17 July 2014

Sequential circuit with more than 10 LEDs


I need to build a sequential LED circuit that will have more than 10 LEDs in a sequence. The LEDs should blink only one at a time. I know I can do 10 LEDs with a 4017 decade counter easily, but I dont know how to go beyond 10 LEDs in a row. Say I need few tenths of LEDS, maybe 50 or 100 pcs.


I found a circuit with 2 4017s which does 16 LEDs - see here. It says the design can be expanded "indefinitely" by adding more 4017s but it is not clear to me how to do it. Also, it the "reset" circuit part necessary?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...