Friday 4 July 2014

resistors - Why is this capacitor hooked up to a 9volt electric motor?


Capacitor with 9volt motor I took apart a sharper image personal fan run by a 9volt battery.


I understand a resistor is sometimes necessary, such as when preventing light emitting diodes from burning out. How about a 9volt motor run on a 9volt battery? Is a resistor necessary? Can a capacitor substitute for a resistor in some cases? (that was my guess as to why it has a capacitor) Is the function of this capacitor to slow the fan down, and if so does that mean running it straight to the battery might burn it out?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...