Thursday 17 July 2014

Noise on a tda2003 circuit


I've built an amp using TDA2003. If I use a common 9V battery, it works nice, with very low noise.


But, if I change to a power supply (that I borrowed from a cell phone charger) that delivers 8.4V (1.7A), the noise gets too high. I can hear the noise even when the amp is playing. I tried to change the power supply, but the problem was the same.


So, It seems that the problem is with my power lines. I live in Brazil, and as far as I know, we use 127V/60Hz.


Searching the internet, I found that, in order to reduce noise, I should use decoupling capacitors. But the circuit already has two decouple capacitors: a 100uF (electrolytic) and a 100nF (polyester).


I'm just a hobbyist. I don't have an oscilloscope. Assuming that the circuit is OK (since it works with a battery), how do I reduce noise that is coming from the power lines? I was thinking about put an small extra cap (maybe ceramic), but I'm afraid to blow something.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...