Saturday 2 November 2019

increasing impedance of headphones


I have headphones with differential input and impedance of 8 ohms. I need to drive this headphone with some DAC with built in headphone driver (Currently I have chosen ADAU1772). DAC's datasheet mentions that the minimum impedance of headphones it supports is 16 ohms. Can I increase impedance of my headphones so that I can drive them through this chip? What will happen if I drive this 8 ohm headphone through a chip supporting minimum impedance of 16 Ohms?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...