Tuesday 5 November 2019

wiring - Can you identify this component?


This may be obvious to some, but not to me. I am an IC design engineer, as such I rarely do any practical work. This morning I had to fix some electronics which were custom made by a third party for my company. On removing the front panel I saw this gray box clipped to a bundle of wires (images below), I have no idea what it is or what it does. After 10 minutes of fruitless googling for "gray box clipped to wires" I find myself here asking this question. The inside looks like some type of metal or ceramic. I thought it might be magnetic but it is not.


So can anyone identify it and tell me what it does?


I fixed the problem, which was not related to the wiring.



enter image description here


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...