Friday 22 November 2019

batteries - Remove over-current protection of battery protection circuit


I have a hardware that is powered by a standard polymer battery (http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-7V-Polymer-Rechargeable-Battery-2000mAh-PCM-103450-for-GPS-ipod-Tablet-PC-MP3-/262605237924).


The hardware draws a lot of current, more than 3A, perhaps up to 5A. This triggers the overcurrent protection of this battery. The protection circuitry includes two SOT23-6L (http://www.phaselink.com/QA/SOT23-6L.pdf) ICs:



enter image description here


As replied on this question (Over current protection for a 1-cell battery), the overcurrent protection is probably set up for 3A (25mohm ron of mosfets).


I would like to "decrease" the overcurrent protection up to 5A without losing the overdischarge protection. My options are:





  • either replacing the dual mosfets. But I can't find any SOT23-6L with Ron=10mohm. 25mohm seems to be the minimum.




  • or shorten M1 to disable the overcurrent protection. But I think it will disable the overdischarge detection voltage.




How can I fix my problem?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...