Tuesday 5 November 2019

microcontroller - Blinking an arbitrary number of LEDs in succession


I've recently come across a problem that I feel should be nearly trivial, but for the life of me I can't figure out how it would be done. Basically all I want is a series of LEDs that will light up like dominoes. Essentially just looking for some way of triggering the next LED really.


This would be a pretty trivial problem with an Arduino and a relatively small number of LEDs (as many LEDs as pins), but I'm really looking for a way to put together a few dozen of these. I would prefer a solution that works without a microcontroller, but if I can use one microcontroller for a semi-arbitrary number of LEDs I would be more than happy.



Answer



Cascaded 4017 decade counters, pulsed by a single 555 timer. Each pulse makes the 4017 light the next one in sequence, which is then passed onto the next 4017, etc. enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...