Sunday 10 November 2019

dc - Voltage Divider Supply (Unloaded and Loaded)


The loading down of a system is the process of introducing elements that will draw current from the system. The heavier the current, the greater is the loading effect.


This is the the highlighted definition in my book in describing the term "loaded" in use with a voltage divider supply. Therefore, my question is as follows....


1.)I'm not understanding what a voltage divider supply is and need some clarification on how it's related to the term "current drain"?


Next question is in regards to how it's further used later in the chapter. In my textbook a paragraph containing the following is confusing for me to completely grasp on what is being explained.





66.21V / 20ohms = 3.31A


98.88V / 1kohms = 98.88mA < 0.1A


"If the load resistors are changed to the 1kohms level, the terminal voltages will all be relatively close to the no-load values."


"As demonstrated above, the greater the current drain, the greater is the change in terminal voltage with the application of the load. This is certainly verified by the fact that 3.31A is about 33.5 times larger with the 20ohm loads."


2.)My question is like i just mentioned, I'm having trouble understanding the concept in bold and what exactly this is trying to tell me.


I understand basic laws of parallel and series dc circuits. I'm just now getting into the chapter of series-parallel circuits and this certain section above is hard for me to understand. Any explanation or guidance/direction in helpful sources I could use to research this more is greatly appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI&#39;s cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...