Sunday 20 October 2019

Resistance and Inductance of a ceiling fan motor needed to spec snubber


I'm looking to specify (well, suggest) a RC snubber network for someone over on diy.se who is having EMI problems with his ceiling fan knocking out his TV briefly on turn-off:


https://diy.stackexchange.com/questions/56205/why-would-turning-off-a-ceiling-fan-via-a-wall-switch-causes-3-seconds-of-tv-sig



Thing is, I cannot find any information on the winding resistance and inductance of a garden-variety ceiling fan motor. Is this something I'd have to measure myself, or has this ever been specified or measured for a typical US ceiling fan motor?


EDIT for those who haven't read the link: the fan turning off causes the TV screen to go blank (no picture) for a few seconds, but the TV stays powered all the while.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...