Tuesday 8 October 2019

arduino - Zener diode for solenoid


I am new in electronics and this is old subject but still. I started new Arduino project where I control 4 solenoid valves independently via Arduino 4 chanel 5 V Relay module. From the beginning I put flyback diode on each solenoid to eliminate EMF (1N4002). Everything works fine but when I speed up cycle things get messy (I need speed about 30 Hz). Solenoid coil can't discharge properly that quickly (it has delay). I read some forums and found solution: diode+zener.


What kind of zener diode should I use and how to properly mount it (any additional parts)?


I am also afraid of over-heating due to quite high current. How can I avoid it?


My valves are: 48 VAC, 3.8 VA and 24 VDC, 3.1 W.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...