Tuesday 1 October 2019

12v - Lead Acid Battery charging from laptop psu


I working on a new project of running couple of low power devices from PicoUPS 120 ATV:


pico


The review by this guy: Building a 12V DC UPS


Is this correct, this does not regulate the output voltage, the only thing it does is charges the battery and switch between input sources.


I am using a single maintenance free 12v@10Ah Lead-Acid battery (new).


I am using a regular old laptop power supply, rated for 19V DC 4.42A but the charging current itself for the battery was 4.5 A as I checked. I have found other post here stating that for lead acids this should be about 10-30% of the capacity so about 3A in my case.


Does anyone else have experience here with PicoUPS who can give me some advice how to implement this safely?



Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...