Saturday 19 October 2019

ltspice - Why is the output from this astable 555 the reverse of it's simulation?


555 astable circuit


The simulator in LTSpice looked OK ... so I moved to the breadboard with an LED (eventually replaced the LED with a buzzer) at pin 3. One more difference in the assembled circuit is the condenser at pin 5 is not electrolytic.



The supply is a retired AT SMPS from my old computer.


The waveform in LT Spice is initially LOW, and subsequently HIGH after a few hundred seconds. The assembled prototype however begins with the buzzer audible.


My impression is, therefore, that cycle has somehow got inverted in assembly. Is this impression correct? What need be done to have the output on the prototype behave as designed?



Answer



You did something wrong. I reproduced your circuit in LTSpice and got this:


enter image description here


Output is high for the better part of an hour. Somewhere before 2800 seconds, it dives to zero. The blue trace tracks the capacitor voltage, by the way.


I suspect you forgot to checkbox "Skip Initial Operating Point Solution" in the Edit Simulation Command dialog box!


If I do the same, I get this:


enter image description here



Look familiar in any way?


For reference, the circuit:


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...