Friday 4 October 2019

induction - What does a beginner need to know to build an inductive heater?


I'm a programmer by profession and building skills in metalworking and my goal is to build certain types of chemical reactors. As a learning project, I want to construct a programmable deep fryer. One of the missing pieces in my concept so far is the heating system, and during my research I have kind of fallen in love with inductive heating.


Now, my knowledge in electronics is basic at best, but I'm quite used to study stuff on demand, and I'm not in a hurry. Besides Wikipedia, I found this page to be a good primer on the subject. I'm currently working through the words I didn't understand, such as 'impedance'.


What are good resources to learn, and what are good beginner design choices for things like operating frequency of the work coil etc? What are essential safety guidelines that a more experienced person would already know by heart? Are there complications in design or construction that I can avoid by making some tradeoffs, like reducing heating power, or efficiency? Is there some equivalent of a Hello World program in RLC circuit design?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...