Wednesday 28 August 2019

serial - Data over power line in a car


I am trying to build a communications system for a car, for turning gadgets on or off. One idea was to parasite on power lines, but what kind of components and signaling could be used for this? I am thinking pretty low communication speed is acceptable, such as below a megabit, but more than 10 kilobits per second.


Is there some suitable standard for a hostile environment such as a car?



Answer



There are two commercial solutions that I'm aware of; the first is PLC4trucks (SAE J2497) which is (or at least was) based on generally difficult to obtain Intellon ICs, the second is through Yamar Electronics who offer a range of devices that would seem to meet your requirements.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...