Tuesday 20 August 2019

voltage regulator - 3.3V @ 10mA from 5V - 35V


Any ideas on how to get 3.3V from 5V - 35V at a low 10mA current level? 3.3V need not be precise. It can be 3.5V or 3V, it is powering a small microcontroller.


I'm looking for a small and cost effective solution. That pretty much rules out through hole stuff.



Answer



Use a linear regulator that can handle 5V to 35V input. It outputs 3.3V.


It is that simple. You can use a buck regulator, if efficiency is an issue. but 10mA at a 35V drop is still only a 350mW dissipation.


I suggest the linear, keep components/complexity/noise down.



No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...