Sunday 4 August 2019

Class A single transistor amplifier with 2N3904



I made a simple little transistor amplifier using the 2N3904 (basic class A amplifier):


enter image description here


\begin{align*} R_1 &= 2.2\, k\Omega \\ R_2 &= 1\, k\Omega \\ R_L &= 22\, \Omega \\ R_E &= \text{potentiometer} \\ C_1 &= 2.2\, \mu F \\ C_2 &= 20\, \mu F \end{align*}


It works fine, but if I leave it on for a little too long it gets really hot.


I have 2 different types of transistors that I can mount to a heatsink. TIP31A and TIP41C. But when I put them in they don't work. Could someone explain why they don't?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...