Thursday 22 August 2019

diodes - LM335 doesn't seem to work


I'm relatively new to electronics, and I'm trying to make a thermometer using a LM335 temperature sensor. By reading the datasheet I thought it was simple, connect up 5V to a resister, then to the V+, connect up V- to GND, and I should get somewhere just below 3V when reading the V+ pin.


However, when I do this, I'm actually getting 4.08. I've tried two different sensors, so I'm reasonably sure that it's not just a DOA.


Any ideas about what I could be doing wrong? What I can do to try to work it out?



Answer




Are you sure you have it connected properly? If you are getting 4.83V at V+ and 4.88V at your supply it sounds like you have an open circuit.


Check the pinout against the datasheet. On page two they are showing the bottom views of the package.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...