Friday 9 August 2019

voltage - Doping concentration in anode region


I'm stuck with this doping problem and can't figure out where to go with it.




The built-in voltage of a GaAs pn junction diode is 1.25 V when the diode's temperature is T = 320K. The cathode region of the diode is doped with phosphorus at a concentration of 1e17 \$cm^{-3}\$. Determine the required doping concentration in the anode region.



Would I go about this by using the equation \$V_{bi} = V_T\cdot ln(N_a\cdot\frac{N_d}{n_i^2})\$?


\$V_T\$ being the thermal voltage
\$N_a\$ being the acceptor concentration on p side
\$N_d\$ being the donor concentration on the n side
\$n_i\$ being the intrinsic carrier concentration


I have completed the following work for the above question. Can I be checked for accuracy please!


enter image description here




Answer



That is the correct formulae for an abrupt junction, just be sure to use the right temperature for the thermal voltage \$ V_T=\dfrac{KT}{q_e}\$ and the right intrinsic carrier concentration \$n_i\$ at that temperature.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...