Friday 14 September 2018

RGB LEDs with arduino/transistor won't dim


Why doesn't this work? I have fifteen RGB LEDs wired up with this configuration. The transistor I'm using is the MJE3055T. Are the transistor's voltage ratings (collector-base, collector-emitter) just too high for this low-voltage, high current application? When I eliminate the arduino and transistor and plug the LEDs directly into the power supply (with resistors of course) they work perfectly...


Does anyone know why this isn't working? Have suggestions for a different transistor?


Thanks!


led schematic




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...