Thursday 20 September 2018

protocol - Help with device identification in a chain



So I'm working on a new project where I'm trying to identify devices on a closed protocol "network" of sorts. I'm trying to determine how many devices are out there and unique id's of each device. I'll probably have an eprom or something similar to store the unique identifier. The question I would have for the forum would be: is a daisy chain the best way to identify the devices? (as shown below)


alt text


I was thinking I could try to also route individual control lines to the devices but I won't necessarily know how many total devices are out there. I will be able to connect the final device back to a return line (physically using a jumper and identified here by the blue dot).


So again, my question is: is there a better way to do this?


Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...