Wednesday 19 September 2018

How make hardware documentation?



I'm building some slides for my class about how we should document the hardware we are developing.


I'd like to list the documents we should make when building some hardware. I was inspired at UML software documentation, which brings lots of document types for almost every situation.


From my experience and research, lots of projects only have the schematics, the layout and the bill of materials. I think that we should also add information about the motive (requirements) that lead us in choosing one microcontroler and not the other. There are also some information regarding the layout that we just don't write, as special component position that should not be changed.


That being told:



  • How we should document our hardware?

  • Which are the important document you wanted to have if you need to make some improvements/alteration on someone else hardware you have never seen?

  • How organize these information in a clear way?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...