Saturday 8 September 2018

model - Cable Parameters from Specs Data


From a 2019 specsheet for a i.e. Belden 1583A cable, I can read \$Z_0=100 \pm15 \Omega \$ for \$f=1 \text{MHz}\$, \$\text{VF}=0.7\$, \$\text{R}=93.8 \Omega/\text{km} \$, among maximum Delay, Attenuation, and others.


If I should obtain the lumped per meter R (already given), C and L parameters for a simple transmission line model, should it be correct to take?:


$$ VF=\frac{1}{c \sqrt{LC}}, \ Z_0 = \sqrt{\frac{L}{C}} \\ C=\frac 1c\frac{1}{\text{VF}}\frac{1}{Z_0} ,\ L=Z_0\frac 1c \frac{1}{\text{VF}} $$


Is \$VF\$ in the specsheet ("Velocity Propagation Factor") indeed the Velocity Factor I am thinking?



The specified capacitances are the Non Mutual Capacitance \$C_{NM}\$ and the Maximum Unbalance Capacitance \$C_{MU}\$.


Anyway, what are the meaning of those last capacitances?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...