Saturday 22 September 2018

Doppler shift velocity sensor


Any reasonable priced (sub 20$/100) ways to directly measure indoors velocities between around 0.1 and 15m/s?


Its main purpose would be to reduce speed drift for a 9DOF device (acc/gyro,magnetometer), so I believe only 1D will do.


Now since it's for indoor use, a GPS won't help. I assume this could be done measuring RF/ultrasonic doppler shift, but I don't know how this is measured, nor have I found dedicated chips to do it.



Answer



I suspect that a Gunnplexer as used in Police RADARs and in door openers prior to PIR's taking over would do what you want. Output is Doppler difference of go + motion affected return signal.


enter image description here!


A few examples:



No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...