Thursday 2 August 2018

microcontroller - Cheapest / easiest way to get started with AVR programming




What's the cheapest / easiest way to get started with AVR programming? I have downloaded a copy of AVR Studio 5, and like the IDE as it is based on Visual Studio, which I'm familiar with.


How do I get from here, to having a working project on something like an AVR Tiny chip?


I don't want to do anything fancy - first project is to do a kind of timer chip that lights some LEDs and then uses a solenoid to ring a bell. As such I don't think I need all the "fancy stuff" like touchscreens / LCD displays etc. Also, i don't know how I'm going to get on, so don't want to invest too much in case I don't get on with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...