Saturday 4 November 2017

motor - Automatic Rotating Platform



I would like to build a very simple, circular wooden platform that rotates automatically - no stopping. The torque is not very important, as it doesn't need to support much weight. As far as rpm, not too fast, but not incredibly slow - about the pace of a fast escalator? That's the only comparison I can make. It's for an art project. I know this is probably an easy one for most people, but I am starting from square one. Thanks for any help.



Answer



Why not just buy a record turntable? Stick a 3 foot platform on it. It's kind of fast, and doesn't support much weight.


Or get a small motor off eBay, and make your own.


Turntable


You just need some bearings to hold the turntable, and a belt to connect the small wheel on the motor to the big wheel on the turntable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...