Friday 24 November 2017

Adding multiple analog signal


I'm trying to add 4 output of ADA8282 together and create only one analog signal with bandwidth about 6 MHz, I know Op-Amp adder as "How can I add three AC signals?" and "ElectronicTutorial" said. Also someone in "How can I add three AC signals?" called for analog multiplexer and inspired me this: multiplex at 4xbandwidth of signal, then LPF to 1/4, tada, the answer will be average of all 4. but these are not reliable need work, design and time, but i want reliable firm timeless solution, exactly an IC that do this for me is it available? and why, if not. Is adding signals are not commonly used?!why? Are everybody uses the Op-Amp method?




Answer



This is a little unclear what you are actually having problems with, but I'll try:



Is adding signals are not commonly used?!why? Are everybody uses the Op-Amp method?



It's very common, and it's so common that an IC was designed to do it: The operational amplifier, which can do operations such as summation - exactly what you want! How to do so is explained in one of the answers you linked to.



multiplex at 4xbandwidth of signal, then LPF to 1/4, tada, the answer will be average of all 4



Well... yes, but you would need a very good filter for this to work, in combination with multiplexing at a much higher frequency. It is not really useful compared to a simple OP-amp adder.



No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...