Thursday 16 November 2017

diodes - Output voltage at transistor of given figure


enter image description here


Can anyone give me hint of this question. I know this is homework question. I know correct answer is 10 v.



But if I tried to solve it like this way:


(1) Z1 and Z2 limit output 5 V and Z3 and Z4 will give output 5 V. So total output is 10 v. And it will be subtracted from 15 v so output should be wrong.



Answer



Q1 is off so all the current goes through the Zeners. If they were not breaking down they would see 15V from VCC > 5V the breakdown voltage.


So the Zeners are breaking down and because their breakdown voltage is 5V, there is a 5V voltage drop across all of them.


So the voltage at the bottom of R2 & R3 is 5V, at the top is the common node VO - they are equivalent to a parallel resistor = 5k. They are in series with R1 = 5k.


With these hints you should be able to solve for VO.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...