Thursday 28 January 2016

high voltage - Why does arcing occur on helicopter power-line repair



I saw this video, where a guy did power line inspection from a helicopter, which is isolated from ground. When he held out a "magic wand," a small amount of arcing came off of the power line to the helicopter.


Helicopter Repair magic wand



This got me confused, though, because I thought since he was isolated from ground, the power would not want to go anywhere. enter image description here


The helicopter simply has no relationship to ground.


So, why does the Magic Wand arc to the helicopter?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...