Saturday 9 January 2016

arduino - What possible ways can I upload sketches to Arduiono Mega chips?


I have been updating the embedded code on a set of Arduino Mega chips.


I have been performing the upload via USB. Unfortunately, this is extremely unreliable. I get an error along the lines of


avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

I simply get another board (we have a whole shelf full of them) and work with that one until it stops working as well.


According to this forum, I'm not the only one who's having this problem.



I've heard (somebody telling me he heard from somebody else) that the USB transfer is unreliable, and that there's some other way.


Can anyone tell me if I'm hearing correctly, and if so, what the upload method is?



Answer



The other way is to program is via the In Circuit Serial Progamming (ICSP) connector - with an appropriate interface like the STK-500 or this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...